The European Fact-Checking Standards Network Project aims to involve the fact-checking and OSINT organisations working in the European continent in order to elaborate a Code of professional integrity that has the full legitimacy that it needs to be recognized and implemented.
In order to do so, OSINT organisations based in the member states of the Council of Europe and which are well known in the field and which are known to adhere to high standards for competence in OSINT, organisational transparency, and ethics have been invited to join the Wide Group
Nevertheless, any OSINT organisation based in a CoE member state has the opportunity to apply. The Consortium members will evaluate applications in accordance to the following admission criteria:
- Focus on Europe:
- The OSINT organisation has to be established in a Council of Europe member state.
- Have a demonstrable focus on Europe or European countries in all or at least a significant part of its activities.
- Applicants will have to demonstrate competence in open source intelligence techniques and to be active in projects.
- Having published at least 2 OSINT investigations in the last 12 months before the application.
- Applicants will have to have a legal entity registered.
- Applicants must disclose their organizational and proprietary structure, and be free of influence or control over them by political parties or movements.
- Applicants must comply with the applicable rules of ethics in their area of expertise.
The deciding body for each application to be evaluated will be composed by 2 members of the EFCSN consortium, on a rotation basis. Unanimity will be required, and a missing answer from one of the two members will be considered a negative answer.
This decision can be appealed in the following 2 working days. In such case, the decision will be delegated to the Consortium General Committee (all members represented) that will decide by consensus in 2 working days.
If your OSINT organisation is eligible upon this criteria please fill in this form:
Please, fill all the fields.
Please, check the Privacy Terms checkbox.
Your petition has been sent. We will get back to you shortly.